Head of Cataloging and Digitization
- Coyle, Laura . 2018. "Right from the Start: The Digitization Program at the Smithsonian's Nat. Museum of African American History and Culture." Public Historian, 40, (3) 292–318. https://doi.org/10.1525/tph.2018.40.3.292. 2018
- Coyle, Laura . 2020. "Windows and Touchstones: A Photography Album from Connecticut, 1890-1910." In Making Waves: Crosscurrents in the Study of Nineteenth-Century Art. Dixon, Laurinda, editor. 193–199. Brepols Publishers. 2024
- Gates Moresi, Michele and Coyle, Laura . 2019. "The Social Lives of Photographs." In Pictures with Purpose: Early Photographs from the National Museum of African American History and Culture. Coyle, Laura and Gates Moresi, Michele, editors. 10–15. Giles and Smithsonian National Museum of African American History and Culture. In Double Exposure. 2019
- Coyle, Laura and Pretzer, William. 2016. Dress for the Occasion: What to Wear When Making History. 2016
- Coyle, Laura . 2016. The Great Mississippi River Flood of 1927. 2016
- Combs, Rhea, Willis, Deborah, and Bunch, Lonnie G., III. 2015. Through the African American Lens, Moresi Gates, Michele and Coyle, Laura , editors. London: Giles Ltd. 2015
- Coyle, Laura . 2017. Digitizing to Change Lives [presentation]. Smithsonian Digitization Fair, 2017. Washington, D.C..
- Coyle, Laura . 2017. No Time Like the Present: Launching the National Museum of African American History and Culture's Crowdsourced Research Projects [presentation]. Creating Historical Knowledge Socially, German Historical Institute, 2017. Washington, D.C..
- Coyle, Laura . 2018. Poking the Provenance Paradigm [presentation]. 108th Material Culture Forum, Smithsonian Institution, 2018. Washington, D.C..