Dos Santos, SergioSmithsonian Tropical Research Institute staff
- Scientific Program Manager, Smithsonian Tropical Research Institute 2010 -
- Data Manager, Smithsonian Tropical Research Institute 2008 - 2010
- Math Teacher, The Oxford School of Panama 2006 - 2007
- TP Coordinator/Developer, Siemens 2004 - 2006
- Software Engineer & Sales Support Engineer, Comverse Technology 1998 - 2002
Education And Training
- M.Sc. in Bioinformatics, University of Lisbon 2006 - 2008
- B.E. in Mechanical, The Cooper Union for the Advancement of Science and Art 1994 - 1998
Fifteen years work experience in multinational companies and scientific research in the areas of Telecommunications and Environmental Sensor Networks with responsibilities as Program Manager, Technology Coordinator, Data Manager, Software Developer and Sales Support Engineer.
- Running a large network of automated environmental sensors that generate long term, base line environmental data used by scientists studying carbon, forest dynamics, ecology, biodiversity and hydrology. Expertise in Telecommunications and Environmental Sensor Networks.
Has Expertise In Technique
- Neal, B. P., Condit, C., Liu, G., dos Santos, Sergio, Kahru, M., Mitchell, B. G., and Kline, D. I. 2013. "When depth is no refuge: cumulative thermal stress increases with depth in Bocas del Toro, Panama." Coral Reefs 33 (1):193-205. https://doi.org/10.1007/s00338-013-1081-6 2013
- Smithsonian Tropical Research Institute Department