Gorman, Joshua M.
Head of Collections Management; Chief Registrar
histories of museums and collections; museum informatics; U.S. urban history; and critical race studies. Current projects: Topics in community museum collections care practices; histories of community and economic development east of the river DC.
Education And Training
- Gorman, Joshua M. 2014. "The rise of Marion Barry and the Anacostia Community Museum." Anacostia Community Documentation Initiative http://cdi.anacostia.si.edu/2014/11/23/the-rise-of-marion-barry-and-the-anacostia-community-museum/. 2014
- Gorman, Joshua M. 2013. Down by the river where the dead men go: Museums in Anacostia in changing times. Rio de Janeiro: ICOM. 2013
- Gorman, Joshua M. 2011. Building a nation : Chickasaw museums and the construction of history and heritage. Tuscaloosa: University of Alabama Press. In Contemporary American Indian Studies. 2011
- Gorman, Joshua M. 2012. "Universalism and the New Museology: Impacts on the Ethics of Authority and Ownership." In New Directions in Museum Ethics. Marstine, Janet C., Bauer, Alexander A., and Haines, Chelsea, editors. 149–162. New York: Routledge. 26 in Museum Management and Curatorship. https://doi.org/10.1080/09647775.2011.566714. 2012
- James, Portia P. and Gorman, Joshua M. 2015. Guidelines for development of community-based exhibitions at the Anacostia Community Museum. Washington, DC: Anacostia Community Museum. 2015
- Gorman, Joshua M. 2015. All the stories are true; curators and constituents in professional curatorial practice.” [presentation]. Museum of London.
- National Museum of American History Department