Isgro, Marina C.
Associate Curator of Media and Performance Art, Hirshhorn Museum and Sculpture Garden
Marina Isgro's areas of scholarly expertise include time-based media art, video art history, the work of Nam June Paik, postwar art in Europe, performance and participatory art, and kinetic art.
- Associate Curator, Hirshhorn Museum and Sculpture Garden 2020 -
- Curatorial Fellow, The Harvard Art Museums 2017 - 2019
- western Europe Transnational Region
Education And Training
- Isgro, Marina. 2020. "Modernism in Motion: Jean Tinguely's Meta-Mechanical Reliefs, 1954–59." Art Journal, 79, (2) 6–23. https://doi.org/10.1080/00043249.2020.1765550. 2020
- Isgro, Marina (Curator). 2020. "In the Beginning: Media Art and History." Washington, DC: Hirshhorn Museum and Sculpture Garden, 2020-10-01 to 2020-12-31..
- Isgro, Marina and Beasley, Mark (Curators). 2021. "Laurie Anderson: The Weather." Hirshorn Museum and Sculpture Garden: Hirshorn Museum and Sculpture Garden, 2021-09-21 to 2022-08-07..
- Isgro, Marina. 2020. John Akomfrah's Purple: Contemporary Art and the Subject of Climate Change [presentation]. Conservation Commons Climate Change Symposium, November 19, 2020.
- Isgro, Marina. 2020. On Art and Animation: Artist Talk with Kota Ezawa [presentation].
- Isgro, Marina. 2020. On Art and Peanut Butter: Artist Talk with Shana Moulton [presentation]. October 14, 2020.
- Isgro, Marina. 2020. On Art and the Screen Age: Artist Talk with Paul Chan [presentation]. August 12, 2020.
- Hirshhorn Museum and Sculpture Garden Department