Lemmey, KarenFellowship Advisor Smithsonian American Art Museum staff
Education And Training
Awards And Honors
- Lemmey, Karen. 2022. "What Is Sculpture? Four Curators Try to Define an Elusive Art Form." Art in America, Sep 1, 2022, (September), 44–46. New York. 2022
- Lemmey, Karen. 2021. "Henry Kirke Brown: Sculpting an American Identity in Florence in 1843." Imagines, il Magazine delle Galleria degli Uffizi, Jul 1, 2021, 5, 122–140. Florence. 2021
- Lemmey, Karen. 2016. "Discovering the Lost "Greek Slave" in a Daguerreotype." Nineteenth-Century Art Worldwide, 15, (2). 2016
- Lemmey, Karen. 2016. "From Skeleton to Skin: The Making of The Greek Slave(s)." Nineteenth-Century Art Worldwide, 15, (2). 2016
- Mecklenburg, Virginia M., Lemmey, Karen, Moser, Joann G., and Ramos, E. Carmen. 2015. Crosscurrents: Modern Art from the Sam Rose and Julie Walters Collection. Washington, DC: Smithsonian American Art Museum, in association with D. Giles Ltd. 2015
- Lemmey, Karen. 2013. "A History of American Sculpture from Green-Wood's Memorial." In Green-Wood at 175: Looking Back/Looking Forward. Richman, Jeffrey I., editor. 119–128. New York: Green-Wood Cemetery. 2013
- Lemmey, Karen. 2013. "Artists' Biographies." In The American West in Bronze, 1850-1925. Tolles, Thayer and Smith, Thomas B., editors. 148–167. New York ER: Metropolitan Museum of Art. 2013
- Lemmey, Karen (Curator). 2020. "The Automobile and American Art." Washington, DC: Smithsonian American Art Museum, September 18, 2020.
- Lemmey, Karen, Yasumura, Grace, and Korobkin, Tess. 2022. The Monumental Imagination of Augusta Savage [presentation]. December 28, 2022. Smithsonian Sidedoor Podcasts. Smithsonian Institution.
- Smithsonian American Art Museum Department