- Assistant Director for History and Culture, National Museum of the American Indian 2019 -
- Senior Program Officer for History and Culture, Office of the Provost 2016 - 2019
- Consortia Director, Grand Challenges Consortium for Understanding the American Experience, and Senior Program Officer, Under Secretary for History Art & Culture 2010 - 2016
- Curator of Photography, National Museum of American History 2009 - 2010
- Associate Curator of Photography, National Museum of American History 1995 - 2009
- United States of America Country
Background And Education
Michelle Anne Delaney is the Assistant Director for History and Culture at the National Museum of the American Indian, managing the Museum's research and scholarship team, and leading the intellectual program development for exhibitions, educational programming, publications, and digital scholarship. She also directs strategic internal pan-Smithsonian projects, and external collaborations and university partnerships. Previously Delaney was Senior Program Officer for History and Culture, Office of the Provost, Consortia director for the Smithsonian Grand Challenges Consortium for Understanding the American Experience, and curator of photography in the Photographic History Collection, National Museum of American History. Delaney is chair of the editorial committee for the 2019 publication Smithsonian American Women. An author and editor of several history of photography books, Delaney has also curated 25 Smithsonian exhibitions and related web projects. She is a current Board member for the Buffalo Bill Center of the West, and received her History PhD. from the University of Strathclyde, Glasgow, Scotland, in 2018.